Thursday 2 May 2013

The Journey So Far

I have been home brewing all grain beers for 2 years.
In this time I have altered my method more times than I can remember, for a few months every time I brewed I would use a different method however I am finally at the point where I am happy with my system.
I have settled on a single vessel reticulating system. This consists of a 50L stainless steel kettle with a 2400W electric element. Using this setup I have been brewing "single" 20L batches that fit conveniently into my 19L kegs. I am yet to try but with this size kettle I should be able to make a "double" batch of 40L.
I have also tried my hand at making cider and mead, with these products giving me mixed results.
My next big adventure is making some traditional sodas, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment